The Acoustic Cloud is a sound-absorbing panel for ceilings and walls to improve acoustic in classrooms and other spaces. The cloud-shape makes the panel a playful element in a kindergarten or school.
Teaching and learning are acoustically demanding activities. Research shows that poor acoustics in classrooms can have a huge adverse effect on the children who learn in these spaces. In severe cases, students cannot hear up to 70% – making it almost impossible to understand and concentrate on what is being taught. For both the teachers and students, optimal acoustics is essential to stimulate concentration and avoid fatigue, headaches, and other health problems.
- Rule of thumb for coverage: 1/3 of floor space
- RT60 reverberation time: the time it takes for the sound pressure level to drop by 60 dB from its original level.
- Reverberation time: bearable between 0.3 and 0.6 sec
- Most effective in places where the most sound is produced: above a shared dining table or play area, on the wall near the TV. High tones (crying) in the bedroom – solution by hanging panels from the ceiling
- See what the product looks like installed